In an effort to alleviate the congestion in the parking area during the morning drop off and afternoon pick up, the Glenbrook staff has created the following traffic plan.
- All students arriving between 7:50 and 8:25 must be let out of the vehicle in the designated STUDENT DROP ZONE only.
- All students must enter the building through the cafeteria doors prior to 8:25. (Please refer to the map below.)
- After 8:25, the cafeteria doors will be locked and all students will enter the school through the main office doors; therefore, the curbside drop off will resume.
- Compliance to this policy is imperative to ensuring the safety and well – being of our students and to maintain a consistent flow of traffic during the morning commute.
- ALL students must remain in the vehicles until the designated area.
- The bus drop off area has been adjusted to accommodate the needs of our students and our families.
- At 2:50 pm the dismissal bell rings. Students may leave through any exit door. Buses pick kids up in the cafeteria parking lot.
- Students who are being picked up by car need to board cars along the sidewalk running from outside the gym all the way down to the entrance to the cafeteria parking lot.
- For safety reasons cars are not permitted in the parking lot by the cafeteria at dismissal time and students may not be picked up in this lot.
- Also, cars are not permitted to double park or pick up students along the entrance road unless the cars are curbside. Students are not permitted to walk out into the parking lot in front of the building. Please do not ask your children to break school rules and come out to your cars unless you are curbside. If you wish to park, come get them, and escort them to your car, that would be okay.
- We appreciate your cooperation with this safety issue. Interestingly, by about 2:58 pm there is plenty of parking available curbside to pick up students. If you are not in a hurry, it may be less stressful to plan to have students picked up just a few minutes after school gets out.
- At 3:25 pm the after school bell rings. Students who are serving detention or participating in clubs or activities leave the building at this time. The same guidelines as above apply.
Thank you for your cooperation on this matter and continued support of Glenbrook Middle School.